ISO 17025:2005-Laboratory Quality Management System
1)ISO/IEC 17025:2005 specifies the general requirements for the competence to carry out tests and/or calibrations including sampling. It covers testing and calibration performed using standard methods, non-standard methods and laboratory-developed methods.
2)It is applicable to all organizations performing tests and/or calibrations regardless of the number of personnel or the extent of the scope of testing and/or calibration activities.
3)ISO/IEC 17025:2005 is for use by laboratories in developing their management system for quality, administrative and technical operations.
4)Laboratory customers, regulatory authorities and accreditation bodies may also use it in confirming or recognizing the competence of laboratories.
ISO/IEC 17025:2005 is not intended for use as the basis for certification of laboratories. Compliance with regulatory and safety requirements on the operation of laboratories is not covered by ISO/IEC 17025:2005.
Benefits of ISO 17025 Accreditation
- Increased confidence in Testing/ Calibration Reports issued by the laboratory
- Better control of laboratory operations and feedback to laboratories as to whether they have sound Quality Assurance System and are technically competent
- Potential increase in business due to enhanced customer confidence and satisfaction.
- Customers can search and identify the laboratories accredited by NABL for their specific requirements from the NABL Web-site or Directory of Accredited Laboratories
- Users of accredited laboratories enjoy greater access for their products, in both domestic and international markets.