ISO 20000-1:2011-IT Service Management System
It is an international standard for quality management that specifically focused on IT service. It ensures that the organizational service delivery is carried out in a way that drives customer satisfaction through improved service. This standard specifies requirements for the service provider to plan, establish, implement, operate, monitor, review, maintain and improve an IT SMS. The requirements include the design, transition, delivery and improvement of services to fulfil agreed service requirements. Reduction in incidents, improved incident management, response time and interruptions to IT service
- Any organization seeking services from service providers and requiring assurance that their service requirements are fulfilled.
- Any organization that requires a consistent approach by all its service providers, including those in the supply chain.
- Service providers who intend to demonstrate their capability for the design, transition, delivery and improvement that fulfil requirements.
- Reduction in incidents, improved incident management, response time and interruptions to IT service
- Clarity in understanding roles and objectives
- Legal compliance and awareness
- Approach towards an integrated process to deliver IT services
- Improved customer satisfaction and client retention
- Service and delivery consistency
Effective integration of information technology into an organization's business processes has become increasingly crucial to prosperity. Information Technology includes systems software, application software, computer hardware, networks and databases. The chief information officer leads the department that manages most aspects of an organization's IT. However, when it comes to implementing quality standards in the IT sector, most of the CIOs face so many pressures to deliver systems and technologies for meeting the organization's ever-changing needs. The industry as a whole has fallen short of delivering technology that people can understand and use. Many of the problems occur because of the complexity of technology and the rapid pace of change. Neither of these conditions are likely to abate; in fact, they're accelerating at an alarming rate. If flawless execution was an elusive goal in the past, it is even more today.
Relevant IT/ITeS Industry Standards
- ISO 9001-Quality Management System,
- ISO 14001-Environmental Management System,
- ISO 27001-Information Security Management Systems,
- ISO 20000-IT service management,
- ISO 22301-Business Continuity Management,
- CMMI-Capability Maturity Model Integration,
- Lean Six Sigma
Professional Trainings for individuals:
Internal Auditor-1) ISO 9001-Quality Management System-QMS, 2) ISO 14001-Environmental Management System-EMS, 3) OHSAS 18001-Occupational Health and Safety Assessment Series, 4) IS0 27001-Information Security Management System-ISMS, 5) ISO 20000-IT Service Management System-ITSM , 6) SSYB-Six Sigma-Yellow Belt, 7) SSGB-Green Belt and 8) SSBB-Black Belt.
Lead Auditor-1) ISO 9001-Quality Management System-QMS, 2) ISO 14001-Environmental Management System-EMS, 3) ISO 27001-Information Security Management System-ISMS, 4) ISO 20000-IT Service Management System-ITSM