Electrical Safety Audits
Most of the fire accidents happen due to faulty electric circuits, connections and system. This is a threat to human lives and property in the form of shocks, burns, injuries and explosions, which also cause damage to expensive communication, loss of data etc. Electrical Safety Audit is applicable for different sectors of industries like Power, IT parks, hospitality, Tele-com and more.
Electrical audit is conducted as per The CEA Regulation and related standards.
Scope of Audit
- Verification of statutory compliance with respect to Indian Electricity standards
- Physical inspection to identify electrical hazards
- Review of plant lightning protection system
- Review of hazardous area classification and selection of flame proof electrical equipment in the plant, including maintenance aspects
- Review of electrical preventive maintenance system
- Review of electrical systems & procedures like work permits, interlocks, lockout tags etc
- Assessing the integrity of insulation of cables by carrying out insulation resistance tests on a sample basis
- Review of the earthing system (installation & maintenance aspects), including sample earth resistance tests
- To identify areas of overloading by carrying out load current measurements and compare against cable current carrying capacity
- Hotspot detection using infrared hot spot detection equipment/ thermal imaging, where ever applicable